Julia Kardos is a professional makeup artist who specializes in creating both flawless, natural makeup, as well as dramatic stage looks. The Budapest, Hungary native has worked internationally, lived in Los Angeles for two years, where she worked for globally-renowned brand NARS Cosmetics, creating looks for the American Music Awards, Academy Awards, Teen Vogue, the Daytime Emmy Awards and the Screen Actors Guild. She also worked alongside celebrity makeup artist Carola Gonzalez and Rachel Goodwin.
- NARS Technique Masterclass by Francois Nars, 2018
- Glamsquad Talent Agencymonthly masterclasses, 2018-2019
- Rachel GoodwinMasterclass Attendee, 2018
- Makeup Artist License, Sipos Zita Makeup School, 2013
- Makeup Artist License, New School of Makeupby Páll Adrienn, 2013
2018-2019 Based in Los Angeles CA
- Freelance works:
- Created looks for multiple award shows (including American Movie Awards, SAG Awards and the Daytime Emmy Awards) in collaboration with NARS Cosmetics for celebrity clients such as actress Skye Marshall and songwriter/DJ Mia Moretti.
- Created looks for editorial publications including Teen Vogue, PopSugar and FabFitFun. Also worked with reknowned fashion and beauty photographers Chris Cruz and Mark Griffin Champion.
- Working with Glamsquad Talent Agency, created looks for Grammy Awards 2019 & Academy Awards 2019
- Assistant to Carola Gonzalez celebrity makeup artist: Assisted Carola in creating looks for celebrity clientele including Kerry Washington and Adria Arjona. Supported commercial and TV campaign shoots for Neutrogena, Netflix’s 6 Underground, and many others.
2017-2018 Beauty Editor, Bien.hu Online Magazine
- Wrote weekly beauty article sharing expert tips, tricks and insights
- Created visual content & how-to tutorials to accompany editorial articles
2013-2018 Freelance works based in Hungary
- Marie Claire Bridal Editorial Shoot Lead Makeup Artist
- FINA World Championships 2017 Opening Show – Makeup Artist
- Got Talent Hungary TV Show – Makeup Artist
- RTL Klub Morning Show – Guest Expert/Celebrity Makeup Artist,
- Sláger TV Music Video Shoots – Makeup Artist
- Hungarian Fashion Week, Naray Tamas Autumn/Winter 2017-18 “Snow Ballerinas” – Makeup Artist
- Makeup Artist to Celebrity Clientele including Timea Gelencsér (Miss World Hungary 2016), Time Vajna, Andi Molnár, Dorka Cséffalvay and Mariann Peller.
- Editorial and beauty shoots: among others she worked with Tímea Buknicz, Szilvia Kovács, Teodóra Simon, Luisa Gutiérrez, Dániel Fliegauf, Ádám Földi, Ádám Vaszil, Szilárd Orbán etc.
- Stage makeup primarily for ballroom dancers including world champion Melinda Törökgyörgy
- Bridal makeup
- Makeup lessons for private clients
2014-2017 Newschool of Makeup Assistant lecturer, member of the Senior Team
- Created and oversaw makeup artistry curriculum for 30+ students per semester.
- Educated students on makeup artistry techniques, iconic looks through the decades and current beauty trends.
2013-2016 MAC Cosmetics Retail artist
- Gained experience in corporate cosmetic training and policies, customer service, clientele and retail best practices
- Responsible for meeting daily revenue goals and creating looks for clientele.